8/24/08

Raw truth

Photobucket

Verde llama
3623 Jorge Newbery st.
sun/ wed. 11am-6pm
thu/sat . 11am-midnight
4554 74 67

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Buenos Aires. They offer freshly prepared vegetarian raw food.
Now, I have to say that I've never been a big fun of the whole raw food thing. I've always felt it all tasted rather grassy. But these guys make (should I say 'cook'?) amazingly nutritious, organic and wholesome foods. I usually get the 'hummus chapati' which is a flat bread sandwich, filled with hummus and fresh veggies served with a green salad sprinkled with seeds. Pure perfection.
Pressed fruit juices are always on offer. My favorite one, called 'third eye', is made with blueberries, wheatgrass and orange juice. It can be a bit tricky finding fresh juices around Buenos Aires, so this place is an oasis.
The setting is very casual and the service is always friendly and attentive. However, they do take their time to prepare the orders (slow food!), but it's more than worth it. Go green (and raw)..